Non-label-cle.

Since the beginning I have had a way with words. I started writing when I was 8. Wrote my first short stories when I was 10. “The Snow Crickets” and “Non-Oklahoma” were two short stories I wrote. Then I scribbled bad things about my parents in my diaries for the next 5 years and add in some awkward teenage angsty growing pains, a broken home, injustice, loneliness and a deep love for music the following 10 years and god damn I was a fucking magnificent poet. I turned 18 and since I had, and have, a deep love of current events of all sorts I wrote many a fiery opinionated rant about politics. At 18 I was excited about 1.) being able to buy my own cigarettes and 2.) vote. I wanted to weigh in on everything and hear others opinions, research those opinions, correct any misinformation and then, only then, write my own take on the woes of the country. The United States of America.

Of course I identified myself, as most 18 year olds do, as democrat because we all know over the past 30 years there is absolutely not a single non-ancient soul that would describe themselves as a Republican. At that point being an independent lost most of its allure simply because, and especially living in Oklahoma, you'd never get to vote and THAT was the carnivals cotton candy to this 18 year old. The vote.

It took a few elections and review of our electoral college until I realized, then living in North Carolina (and cue “dueling banjos” in your head, please) that my vote for all intensive presidential voting really did not count. I mean it did because hell, I got a sticker and all, but not really. Which is how I, and how I feel the majority of people, may just feel.

I can no longer identify being strictly democrat. I do not identify with being a Republican, or Independent....not really. I can see both sides with a few exceptions which lead a few people to categorize me as a liberal. Well sure, but I'm also conservative on a few issues.

What I am getting to is that much like the clothes, the makeup, my hair products, my food, music, friends, drinks, well, nothing is at all of just one type. PuhLeeze. How boring would that be?

I'm a humanitarian. I am PRO people. I am near being anti government to a degree, pro life meaning PRO WOMAN's CHOICE. I am not anti Choice. What the fuck business does the government have in any grown individuals life regulating, state by state, what they are allowed to do when it comes to preventing birth? See, its a very very personal choice. Government, regulations and political antics do not belong.

News sources want to paint all of us consumed with bathrooms, birth control and reproductive control when in all actuality past a certain age the point is lost.


Comments